Friday, August 6, 2010

NE YO ABOUT TO BECOME A FATHER

have their baby in January 2011. Ne-Yo took a moment to speak on what he’s doing to get himself ready for his first child and to dead all the engaged and marriage rumors…
CNN: That’s because you have money and you have fame. What’s left but love?
Ne-Yo: I’m one of the few who have been fortunate enough to have both. I acquired money, power and fame through my love — my love for music. I get on my knees and I thank God every day that I’m one of the people blessed to be able to do what I love.
CNN: I have to ask about the baby you’re having.
Ne-Yo: I’m going to have my first child in January. I’m terrified, I’m gonna be all the way honest. I’ve never seen myself as a father, you know what I mean? I knew eventually I would get married and have kids and all of that stuff. By the way, the marriage rumors aren’t true. Let’s clear that up. I’m not engaged, I’m not to be married. But the baby rumor is true.
CNN: Are you terrified because you didn’t have a male role model in your own life growing up?
Ne-Yo: My mom was my mom and my dad. I didn’t need the male role model. I figure if I do it the way my mom did it, then my kid is going to be fine.
CNN: Is your kid going to be living the baby “Champagne Life?”
Ne-Yo: No. I’m going to teach my child the value of a dollar. The “Champagne Life” can mean you’re just living what the good life is to you. So in that form, yes, my child will definitely be living the “Champagne Life
CNN